Hi, I’m Kai! I would love to build and/or grow your company’s technical content and help your engineers create relevant content.
Helping developers create content for developers
The content that matters most to your audience comes from your developers. Many engineers would love to communicate their ideas and experiences through blog posts. They just need a bit of help with the writing, be it through hands-on editing, interviews, or just some guidance getting over that blank-page syndrome.
Explaining something that they’ve learned or built also helps developers gain more clarity on a topic, and it can be a real confidence booster for them as well.
Here are just a few examples of articles that I’ve recently been involved with, helping engineers put what matters to them on the page, covering a wide variety of technical topics:
‣ A primer on effective monitoring practices
‣ Isolate resources across Availability Zones with Virtual Private Cloud
‣ Creating Cockpit: From ecosystem tool to observability product
‣ Graduating from Docker to Kubernetes
‣ Tripling the lifespan of servers: why we retrofitted 14,000 servers
‣ Giving back to Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS)
Content whiz with a journo background
Aside from providing engineers with editorial support, I create fantastic content (blog posts, live streams, podcasts, etc.). I have a strategic mindset and a knack for understanding and communicating technical topics. I’m also a skilled interviewer thanks to my background in journalism, my empathy, and my endless curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
I currently work more with engineers than I write my own posts. But when I do, I bring my own voice to the content:
‣ Why we used open-source software to build Cockpit, our observability product
‣ Get started with Cockpit: use cases for Scaleway Observability
Engaging public speaker
I’m one of those oddballs who genuinely enjoy public speaking. I love giving talks (catch me at DevRelCon London in September 2023!), doing live streams or podcasts, and moderating events. I’m involved with and volunteer in various online tech communities and have a keen interest in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI), mental health, and neurodiversity.
Watch my most recent talk “How to Talk About Mental Health Without Losing Your Mind” at You Got This Broadcasting Service Conference.